- Learning Resources
- Stocking Your Bench
- Common Terms and Abbreviations
- Frequently Asked Questions (DIY FAQ)
- Pedal-specific info -- links to schematics, layouts, and construction tips.
- Printed circuit boards -- tutorials on making PCBs as well as info on properly mounting them in your box.
- All about enclosures -- info on buying, drilling, and finishing
Troubleshooting and repair
Misc info pages
- Schematic Sources
- Simple mods you can do to your pedals.
- Tech tips a nice reference for pedal builders. This section is a mix of theory and practice that can help you better understand what's going on under the hood of your effects.
- CapCodes - Capacitor Materials Codes
- Rretrieve a patent in PDF format
- Sound clip sites Collected pages that host sound clips of various pedals.
- Ampage Archive one of the greatest forums for music created!
- Guitar Wiring Guitar wiring diagrams.
- Series Wiring Thread Great thread re: series wiring. Must be member to view.
- Thread on winding your own output transformer from Brett
- Great thread and article by Analog Mike about repairing an old vintage pedal.
Welcome to the DIYStompboxes.com Wiki
As you see, we're undergoing some changes here.
First of all, the links from the former front page are now retracted in the sidebar you see to the right. If you scroll down to the end of it, you'll see several lists of articles, ordered by topic. There's not much actual content at the moment, but we hope for this to change soon.
This page will contain featured articles, ... and stuff ...
|Gear designers, manufacturers and DIY websites|
|Individual gear designers and builders|
|Arnoud P (~arph) · Aron Nelson (aron) · Craig Anderton · Dan Armstrong · Ian M (slacker) · John Lyons · Merlin Blencowe (merlinb) · R. G. Keen (R.G.) · Rick Holt (frequencycentral) · Tim Escobedo|
|List of integrated circuits|
|List of transistors|
|List of vacuum tubes|