THE PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! - But it's getting closer to be done... :)
Many of the names here are trademarks of their respective owners and are used only as a reference.
Information you should read before going to the effects section.
- Aim of this Lovetone Wiki - Why a Wiki page about Lovetone effects? Here's the answer.
- Introduction to Lovetone - General information about the company and its products.
- Things to consider before attemping a build - Before attempting any build, you should read this.
- Latest changes - Here you can see a list of the changes related to this page. Useful to see what's new here!
Top circuitry for the musician who never has enough knobs to turn and sounds to explore.
- Big Cheese - fuzz
- Brown Source - overdrive
- Cheese Source - a Big Cheese and Brown Source, housed in the same pedal
- Doppelganger - phaser/vibrato
- Meatball - envelope filter
- Ring Stinger - ring modulator/octave fuzz
- Wobulator - stereo tremolo/panner
- ? (a.k.a. no-name flanger) - stereo flanger
Ready to build effects
Those are the effects that have been reverse engineered, built and verified. With this info, you should be able to make a working replica of your pedal of choice. Of course, you can still submit info about them (for example, an improved layout, or revised project file).
- Big Cheese files - Easy to intermediate project.
- Brown Source files - Easy to intermediate project. Very similar to the Big Cheese.
- Cheese Source files - Easy to intermediate difficulty. The effect consists of two separate effects which can work on their own, so testing is easier.
- Meatball files - Intermediate to advanced project. Medium-large board, requires extensive off-board switch wiring, but one of the layouts is more straightforward.
- Ring Stinger files - Very difficult project. Despite few external wiring is required, this is a large and complex build.
- Tone Source files - Easy to intermediate project, perhaps a bit easier than the Brown Source.
Partially done effects
Something lacks in those projects to say they're ready to be built. Still, with lots of patience and experience, a brave soul can build a pedal out of the info available.
- Wobulator files - Difficult project, only the schematic is available.
Effects under development
There's not even a schematic of those effects. Some have the files so as to reverse engineer them; others still hide in the darkest and deepest crack of the abyss.
We'll throw here what doesn't fit in any other category: files, articles, links... If you're into a build, be sure to make a visit!
- Help wanted! - Click here to see how can you contribute.
|Gear designers, manufacturers and DIY websites|